Let freedom ring | 6 essentials for a patriotic party
Lakeside entertaining is perfect for the Fourth and we love to throw a patriotic party! Keep your table setting simple and functional so you can focus on food, guests and fun.
1) Start with a simple, print tablecloth. We selected our geometric Greek Key in Navy Blue. A piece of burlap works well too!
2) Layer a charger in a coordinating stripe or print. A favorite around here is the Devine Scarlet Red Quilted Placemat that reverses to a stripe in shades of blue, red, white and a pop of yellow.
3) Top with your favorite dishes. Since we are dining on the dock, we selected white melamine and Spode blue.
4) Add a functional cloth napkin and a fun napkin ring. Our Linked-Up Scarlet Red is the perfect shade of Nantucket red that washes beautifully - no ironing required! We paired these with a set of vintage blue crab napkin rings found at an estate sale.
5) Cut flowers and greenery from your yard or in our case, your neighbor's yard! We love the contrast of the bright yellow sunflower in our arrangement. Drop in a couple of American flags and wrap your vase in a festive guest towel tied with a patriotic ribbon. This makes a great hostess gift too!
6) Don't forget the pillows! Toss red, white, and blue pillows for an instant makeover for a bench, outdoor lounge furniture or even in your dining chairs.